Pictures of Older Posts

www.flickr.com

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Miso Glazed Salmon and Eggplant, Spinach Ohitashi

Today I am not posting recipes, just the food that I cooked, sorry! I haven’t mentioned before, but my family is of Japanese origin. At my parents house back in Brazil, we used to have Western food for lunch and Japanese food for dinner. We all have Japanese ingredients handy anytime, that’s why I decided to make this dinner tonight: we got so much spinach this week that I didn’t know what to do with it. Ohitashi is a great way to use a lot of spinach: it’s basically steamed spinach served with dry fish flakes and dashi sauce. To go with it, I used the Japanese eggplant. This is one of my dad’s favorite. Broil the eggplant, peel and serve with English dry mustard and soy sauce. I decided to use the fish miso marinade: I boiled it for a couple of minutes and brushed over the eggplant. Ah, the fish. I baked a miso glazed wild salmon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright