Pictures of Older Posts

www.flickr.com

Friday, September 11, 2009

Chicken and Hearts of Palm Pie







We bought a slow cooker. I have never cooked with a slow cooker before so I tried to make a whole chicken as my first attempt. Well, it turned out overcooked, the meat got too tender! So I decided to make a chicken pie with it. Peas, tomatoes, eggs from the farm. The best brand of hearts of palm I can find here is the organic "Native Forest".


Chicken pie is an almost weekly dish at my parent’s house in Brazil. I don’t have a recipe for it, sorry. Briefly: saute onion and garlic in olive oil, add the tomato sauce (not too much) and chicken, some tomato paste, peas, heart of palm, parsley, Tabasco, salt, pepper, boiled eggs. I bought the bottom part of the pie but I made an oil pastry for the top. 2/3 cup flour, 3 tablespoons oil (I used evoo), a pinch of salt, 2 tablespoons milk. Use two wax paper sheets to open the dough. It was easy and it turned out flaky and tasty.

1 comment:

  1. I've been invited to have the Chicken Pie tomorrow! Hurray!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Copyright